ONTARIO RACING ASSOCIATION presents
TWO OFFICIAL CARA RACE MEETS &
ONE OFFICIAL NOTRA RACE MEET
DAY ONE: 440 YARD NOTRA OVAL RACE MEET
DAY TWO: 200 YARD CARA STRAIGHT RACE MEET
DAY THREE : 440 YARD CARA OVAL RACE MEET
LOCATION: CODRINGTON, ONTARIO
Sat., Sun. & Mon. August 2, 3 & 4th, 2003 (Simcoe Day Weekend)
**IMPORTANT Note: If we do not have 15 whippets to make a NOTRA race meet, then we will run whippets in an Official CARA Oval.
ELIGIBLE ENTRY (CARA)
* Open to any Afghan Hound, Basenji, Borzoi, Greyhound, Ibizan Hound, Irish Wolfhound, Italian Greyhound, Pharaoh Hound, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saluki, Scottish Deerhound, Sloughi, Whippet, and any other breed recognized as a sighthound by a Recognized Registering body.
* Hounds must be one year of age or older to be eligible to race.
* All hounds must be pre-certified prior to entering their first CARA race meet. SPECIAL NOTE: Any dog which has not previously run must be pre-certified before entering. Certifications will be available Friday evening at 6pm and Saturday after the race meet. If you are coming for Friday evening to qualify, please call ahead to let us know (613-475-4148). Dogs which have FCh, MC, ORC, GRC or CR are exempt from pre-certification requirements, however, ALL DOGS (including newly certified, those exempt from certification and those who ran last year) will be on probation for 2 race meets. Please read the CARA rules on the web site regarding Pre-qualifications and Disqualifications.
* All hounds must be individually registered with the AKC, CKC, NGA, or any foreign registry recognized by the AKC. Hounds with an ILP or CKC equivalent (when available) may also be entered.
* All hounds must be registered with CARA. Every dog not already registered must submit payment of $2.00 and a photocopy of AKC, NGA or CKC papers with your entry. CARA registration is for the life of the dog.
ELIGIBLE ENTRY (NOTRA)
* Only purebred Afghan Hounds, Basenji, Borzoi, Greyhounds, Ibizan Hounds, Irish Wolfhounds, Italian Greyhounds, Pharaoh Hounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Saluki, Scottish Deerhounds, Sloughi, and Whippets, may be entered in an official NOTRA race meet.
* All hounds must be 1 year of age or older on the day of the Official NOTRA meet.
* All hounds entered must be individually registered with the AKC, CKC, NGA, or with any foreign registry recognized by the AKC, to include States Kennel Club registry for purebred, USA bred progeny of rare bred, foreign registered Sighthounds not yet officially recognized by the AKC due to small numbers. Hounds registered with the AKC under ILP or the CKC equivalent (Listed) may also be entered for all breeds EXCEPT Whippets.
* All hounds entered must be registered
with NOTRA. The person entering a hound must be the actual owner, or
agent of the owner, or be in possession of papers transferring ownership to
the person entering the hound. IMPORTANT NOTE:
ALL DOGS NOT REGISTERED WITH NOTRA MUST SUBMIT A PHOTOCOPY
OF THE INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION PAPERS (AKC, NGA, ACCEPTABLE FOREIGN REGISTRY,
OR ILP) WITH A FEE OF $3.00 CDN PER DOG ON THE DAY OF THE NOTRA MEET.
NOTRA registration is for the life of the dog.
**IMPORTANT Note: If we do not have 15 whippets
to make a NOTRA race meet, then we will run whippets in an Official CARA
NOTE SPECIAL ROLL CALL TIMES!
INSPECTION AND ROLL CALL
NOTRA 440 Oval *10:00 A.M. UNTIL 10:30 A.M. ROLL CALL SATURDAY Aug 2 *
CARA 200 Straight * 10:00 A.M. UNTIL 10:30 A.M. SUNDAY Aug 3 *
CARA 440 Oval *8:00 A.M. UNTIL 8:30 A.M. ROLL CALL MONDAY August 4 *
Please Dress, (ie: Boots, Hat & Sunscreen, Bug repellent) appropriately for the weather!
PLEASE BRING PLENTY OF WATER FOR YOUR DOGS,
THERE IS LIMITED SHADE!
are $10.00 per first hound per day, $8.00 per subsequent hound to a maximum
of $30.00 per day, per meet. If you are entering the entire 3 day event,
entry fees are $25.00 first hound, $20.00 each subsequent hound, to a maximum of
Pre-entries may be sent by fax, phone or on-line
**** Pre-entries for BOTH CARA AND NOTRA CLOSE on Wed. JULY 30th at 8:00 p.m.! YOU MAY TELEPHONE YOUR PRE-ENTRIES TO 613-475-4148 UP UNTIL CLOSING TIME AND LEAVE A DETAILED MESSAGE INCLUDING YOUR NAME, YOUR DOG'S CALL NAME & BREED. PLEASE LET US KNOW YOU ARE PLANNING TO COME!!!
* Post-entries for the NOTRA meet are $25.00 per dog per day. Post entries for the CARA meets are $15.00 per dog per day. Post-entries will be taken up to 1/2 hour prior to roll call.
* Make cheques payable to Ontario Racing Association.
* Send Entries to Race Secretaries:
Roberta Jamieson & Nancy Gimblett
Codrington, Ont K0K 1R0
To pre-enter this NOTRA Race Meet via an Email Form....Click here!
To pre-enter this CARA Race Meet via an Email Form....Click here!
* The CARA OVAL track is a 440 yard banked u-val in a field. The STRAIGHT track is 200 yards. The NOTRA OVAL track is a 440 yard banked u-val in a field.
* All CARA STRAIGHT races are 200 yards, and dogs will run three times unless scratched, or disqualified.
* All CARA OVAL races are 450 yards (uval), and dogs will run three times unless scratched, or disqualified.
* All NOTRA OVAL races are 440 yards (uval), and dogs will run three times unless scratched, or disqualified.
* All racers must wear muzzles and blankets. Blankets & muzzles will be available for loan or sale.
* All programs will be 4 dog races maximum; dogs run within their breed only.
* All breeds will be box started or hand slipped (NOTE: NOTRA OVALS REQUIRE ALL WHIPPETS TO BOX START ONLY). ORA prefers all breeds to use the boxes. Competitors of breeds other than whippets & greyhounds must be in agreement on whether to use box or slip starts.
WEATHER PERMITTING, WE WILL BE HAVING A BONFIRE & BBQ SATURDAY EVENING AFTER THE RACE MEET, IN THE FIELD. WE WILL PROVIDE THE BURGERS & SAUSAGES. PLEASE BRING YOUR FAMOUS SIDE DISHES/SALADS & DESSERTS! PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL TO CO-ORDINATE WHICH TO BRING: email@example.com or 613-475-4148. If the weather is poor, we will go out to dinner at a local restaurant.
SUNDAY AUG. 3rd EVENING AFTER THE RACES WE WILL GO OUT TO DINNER AT A LOCAL RESTAURANT.
* There is very limited shade, please bring your own. Water is available, there is also a cold stream beside the first 50 yards of the oval track & a large pond in the centre of the oval track.
* Rough camping is permitted on site (an outhouse with an RV type toilet is available at the site).
* Motels that allow dogs:
Presquile Beach Motel, 243 Main St.(Hwy 2) Brighton, Ontario Telephone: 613-475-1010
Holiday Inn, Glen Miller Rd., Trenton, (at the 401) Telephone: 613-394-4855 or 1-800-465-4329
OR check the PetsWelcome Website for
hotels accepting dogs in the Brighton or Trenton area:
* Please note: If it is
acceptable to the participants, we may run all 3 programs through.
Please bring lunch. There will be free snacks & coffee available
first thing in the morning. Water will be available as well.
* CARA: Trophies and rosettes
for Best of Breed, ribbons for 2nd through 5th.
* NOTRA: Trophies and Certificate for Best of Breed, Best of Opposite Sex, and certificates for 2nd through 5th placements.
* Breeds with an entry of 5 or more will also have trophies for High Scoring Veteran (over 6 years CARA, over 5 years NOTRA), High Scoring Field Champion, High Scoring Show Champion, High Scoring First Time Entered. Additional For NOTRA: high scoring per grade and high scoring BOS per grade.
* There will be Trophy Plaques and Trophies for each BOB
Iron Dog (3 days scores totaled), Trophy Plaque and 50% of the total all breed
Veteran Iron Dog entry fees for Best Veteran Iron Dog, Trophy Plaque and 50%
of the total all breed opposite sex Iron Dog entry fees for Best of Opposite Sex
Iron Dog, and a Large Perpetual Trophy Plaque naming each year's Overall Highest
Scoring Iron Dog, a take home Trophy Plaque plus 50% of the total All Breed
Iron Dog entry fees.
* FROM TORONTO: Hwy 401East to Hwy 30 North (exit 509); Proceed north on hwy 30 for 6.5 kms; Turn left (west) onto Goodrich Road (there is a Conservation Area sign); Proceed for approx. 2 kms, field is on the right (north) side of the road. Signs will be posted.
** ALTERNATE ROUTE FROM TORONTO USING HWY 407: Take the toll highway 407 east to Markham Road (Hwy 48) North. Turn right at highway #7. Continue eastbound to the stop lights at York/Durham Townline (Regional Rd. 30). Turn right (south) down York/Durham Townline. Continue to the lights at Durham Road 4 and turn left (east) onto Durham Rd. 4. Continue to Hwy 35/115 North. Exit at Durham Road 9. Go right (eastbound) on Durham Road 9. It will become Northumberland Road 9. Continue along, going past hwy 45 & through the town of Warkworth, continue until you have reached Hwy #30 (which might be called County Rd.#30 by now). Turn right (south) on Hwy 30 until you reach Goodrich Road. Turn right onto Goodrich Road. Go approx. 2 kms. to the field. Signs will be posted.
* FROM KINGSTON: Hwy 401West to Hwy 30 North (exit 509). Continue as above.
*FROM OTTAWA: Take Hwy #7 West
to Highway #30 South (left turn). It is approximately 45 minute drive to
Codrington, proceed south of Codrington about 3 kms to Goodrich Road (Conservation
Area Sign there as well) and turn right (west). Continue down Goodrich road
for about 2 kms to the field which is on the right (north) side of the road.
Signs will be posted.
OR Take Hwy 416 south to 401 west to Hwy 30 North (exit 509); Proceed north on hwy 30 for 6.5 kms; Turn left (west) onto Goodrich Road (there is a Conservation Area sign); Proceed for approx. 2 kms, field is on the right (north) side of the road. Signs will be posted.
find your hound's CARA registration number click here
| RETURN TO SCHEDULE |